As always, there was a lot going on in terms of live theatre in the Indianapolis area last weekend and I have a lot in my email box about events coming up.
Here is my writing plan for the next few days:
- Word of Mouth and Mailbox (today’s post)
- IndyFringe DivaFest Overview
- Spotlight 2010 – For the Record
- Theatre Review: “Dash Thirty Dash” at IndyFringe DivaFest
- Theatre Review: “Madwomen’s Late Night Cabaret” at IndyFringe DivaFest
- Theatre Review: “Always Patsy Cline” at Beef and Boards Dinner Theatre. (And since this show runs through June 6, 2010, I will tell you right away that whether or not you are a country music fan, this show is a treat. It is a satisfying musical tribute to the late Patsy Cline, but it also a moving and funny show about friendship and the power of musical storytelling in general. Plus there are lots of beautiful dresses.)
- If I have time, something related to the copious, compulsive notes I took at the Steven Dietz interview last month and the DivaFest panel of advisors this month.
In the meantime, here are a few items from last weekend’s gallivanting and from my email box, in random order: